The City of Lake Ozark operates under the mayor-council form of government. Under this system, the board of aldermen appoints a city administrator who acts as the chief administrative officer of the city government. In this capacity, the city administrator works with the mayor, board of aldermen, city department heads, and city staff to develop and implement policies guiding the city. This general function may take a number of forms including coordination of daily operations and long range planning of the city; preparation of the annual budget; development and implementation of personnel regulations, financial and administrative policies; and other actions as required by the mayor and city council or Code of Ordinances.
The Lake Ozark City Administrator is Dave Van Dee. He joined the City of Lake Ozark in August 2009 as the City Administrator, bringing with him 24 years of municipal experience. Prior to his appointment in Lake Ozark, he was the city administrator for the City of Hiawatha, Iowa, for five years.
You may contact him at City Hall, or by calling (573) 365-5378 to schedule an appointment. His email address is [email protected]
Some of the duties of a city administrator include:
- Coordinating day-to-day operations of city departments
- Leading and supervising the department heads and their operational activities
- Preparing a city draft budget each fiscal year for board of aldermen consideration
- Administering bpoard-adopted city budget, including the annual Capital Improvements Program
- Researching and making recommendations about topics of interest to the board of aldermen
- Monitoring the progress of City’s Strategic Plan
- Meeting with citizens and citizen groups to resolve concerns and understand their needs
- Providing executive leadership that encourages high-quality performance by city staff
- Guiding Lake Ozark’s municipal operations, and coordinating organizational programs and activities
- Representing Lake Ozark in community affairs, generating public information, and encouraging civic participation
- Directing the operating and capital budget process and providing financial planning
- Seeking developmental opportunities to encourage growth in tax revenues and job creation
- Providing administrative support for Council members in their legislative capacities, as well as in their activities with other agencies
The City Administrator’s Office is dedicated to leading a polite, professional and progressive team of dedicated city employees to effectively implement the goals and policy with the direction of the Lake Ozark Board of Aldermen.