All individuals seeking employment with the city should complete and submit an employment application, available here.
Police Dispatcher Opening
The Lake Ozark Police Department is now hiring for full-time and part-time employees in our Police Dispatch division.
Employees in this position provide support to police officers in the field of service, and ensure their safety during operations. The hourly wage range for this position is $15.30-$22.47, with employees covering 8 hour shifts.
For more information, click here.
Police Officer Openings
Two full-time Police Officer openings
The Lake Ozark Police Department is now hiring. We are looking for a few good men and women who want to make a difference in the Lake Ozark community. Now is the time to join the department and be part of the future at the lake. We are a growing department with updated equipment and competitive wages. If you are highly motivated and enjoy working for a community who supports the police, we need you.
The community was formed in 1931 with the completion of Bagnell Dam and then later incorporated in 1966. The city serves as the hub of the Lake of the Ozarks with the Bagnell Dam featuring the nationally known Bagnell Dam Strip. Come live and work at the lake and enjoy year-round activities and the more than 1,100 miles of shoreline that make our area a Midwest paradise.
Compensation and benefits
- Option for sign on bonus totaling $2500.00 with a minimum of three years of full-time experience
- 86 hour pay period with overtime available for special events and grant fulfillment
- Hourly rate ranges from $18.01-$26.45 depending on skills, knowledge, and abilities
- Pay increase of 3% after 6 months and then after completion of first year another 3% with satisfactory performance. Raises occur annually after first year of service
- L12 LAGER’s retirement plan
- City health insurance payment of up to $500.00 a month
- Life, dental and vision insurance available
- Vacation accrual at 13.3 hours a month
- 13 paid holidays per year. Holiday pay rate applies if scheduled to work
- Several new Explorers to put into service this year
- In car computers, moving radar, printers, and MULES
- New uniforms
- New duty weapons provided
- Digital radios
- Body cameras
Officers will receive in-service training as well as opportunities to attend local trainings. Lateral transfers and experienced officers will be compensated based on experience, education, and qualifications as determined by the chief.
For application, please visit the city website, or call 573-365-5371.
- Applicants must be Missouri POST certified or currently seeking certification. Applicants must pass a background check, drug screening and may be required to pass a psychological exam, and polygraph, physical agility test as well as a physical. E.O.E.
Street Department help wanted
The City of Lake Ozark has a position open in the Street Department. This position assists with maintaining City-owned streets, ditches, storm drains, sidewalks and gravel roads.
The salary range for the position is $31,262.40-$45,909.89, depending on qualifications. Employees with satisfactory performance receive a 3% raise at their 6-month date, and a 3% raise at their first anniversary. Performance evaluations and pay increase eligibility occur annually after the first year.
Available benefits include health, dental, vision, and life Insurance; paid vacation, paid sick leave and retirement. Overtime pay is occasionally available.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum Class B CDL and have experience in operating dump trucks, backhoe, skid loader, excavator and various other types of small to heavy equipment and hand tools. The City may pay for CDL Training with a 3 year employment agreement.
This position will also participate in the “On Call” rotation approximately every 8 to 10 weeks. Experience is not required for the position. Interested persons should apply at Lake Ozark City Hall, located at 3162 Bagnell Dam Blvd. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please email [email protected] with questions.