Christopher Rohrer was appointed as the city attorney and city prosecutor in May 2015.
Under the general direction of the board of aldermen, he performs professional and administrative legal work for the City. Mr. Rohrer functions as the legal advisor to the Mayor and department heads with regard to legal authority of the city. Work is performed in accordance with general policies of the board of aldermen, mayor, and the accepted standards and practices of the legal profession, which include but are not limited to:
- Provides advice and recommendations and renders oral and written opinions to the city council, mayor and department heads.
- Attends boards meetings and conferences for the purpose of learning policies underlying official action and gives advice on legal implications involved, including advice as to alternative legal and administrative approaches to the solution of major city problems.
- Stays informed of proposed state and federal legislation affecting the city government
- Ensures the Mayor and appropriate staff members are informed on important legal developments which may affect the administration of city government.
- Represents the city in civil actions, prepares pleadings, conducts legal research and represents the city at trials and appeals.
- Drafts legal documents, including contracts, leases, deeds, easements, resolutions and ordinances, assists in the drafting and review of proposals and legal documents developed and submitted by management staff members, and passes on the legality of documents affecting or involving the city.
- Attends meetings of boards and commissions, or arranges for staff attendance and acts as staff liaison.
- Prepares factual, clear, concise, written reports with specific recommendations.
- Serves as city prosecutor for the Lake Ozark Municipal Court.
- Serves as an active team member of management staff teams created to deal with specific problems and issues when a legal perspective is deemed desirable.
Mr. Rohrer can be reached at (573) 348-3313 (phone); (573) 693-9085 (fax)
Suite 201; 3738 Osage Beach Parkway; Osage Beach, MO 65065
The Lake Ozark City Attorney does not provide legal advice to the citizens of Lake Ozark.