The City Clerk’s office provides the board of aldermen with centralized staff support under the direction of the city clerk. The office serves as a document and information resource to the board, all city departments, and the citizens of the city. The city clerk is appointed by the board of aldermen.
In addition to its overall mission of maintaining the official records of the city of Lake Ozark, the office of the city clerk also:
- Maintains custody, control, filing and storage of all legislation, books, papers, minutes and other written and recorded documents and materials pertaining to the operation of city government.
- Oversees, guides and tracks the entire legislative process, from introduction of proposed legislation to final approval and publication.
- Creates agendas for all board members.
- Coordinates and schedules official board of aldermen meetings and public hearings, recording each for permanent record. Accepts petitions filed by citizens.
- Furnishes to the general public copies of all transcripts, legislation, orders, certificates, meeting notices and other matters of public information.
- Acts as a liaison with city departments, outside agencies, other branches of governments and the general public on behalf of the board of aldermen.
- Responsible for the recording and transcription of board of aldermen meetings, committee meetings, public hearings, and other official board meetings and functions as required. The transcriptions of these proceedings are bound and maintained in the city clerk’s office as official records of the city of Lake Ozark. The records are available upon request for public reference and distribution.
- Responsible for documenting and following through with all requests of the board for information, documents and reports from various administrative units of municipal government, and maintains a file of the results of these requests.
- Responsible for the publication, updating and distribution of the Lake Ozark Code of Ordinances.
Kathleen Vance is the city clerk for the City of Lake Ozark. You can contact her at (573) 365-5378, or by email at [email protected].