Public Works is proud to serve the community as the steward of Lake Ozark’s infrastructure. Our challenge is significant and diverse as we are responsible for the design, construction and maintenance of city streets, sidewalks, trees, sewers, parks, medians, buildings, vehicles, equipment, streetlights, environmental compliance, illegal dumping removal, garbage and recycling services, healthy and plentiful water supplies, and proper treatment of wastewater.
- The Department of Public Works is committed to the maintenance and repair of the city’s infrastructure which includes roads, streets, sewer system and the water distribution system.
- It is our inherent duty to protect the city’s major investments in its infrastructure so all may realize the maximum possible benefit of its intended purpose.
- In the performance of our duties we will constantly strive to efficiently apply the best possible management practices.
- We will support and enhance the quality of life for the city’s residents, businesses and visitors.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Public Works Department to protect the health and welfare of all residents, businesses, and guests, by use of our services and available resources.
- We will maintain a professional atmosphere at all times, this will be accomplished by means of continuing education, training and strict adherence to safety practices.
- We will continue to educate management, elected officials, and the public of the importance of the public works department, and the impact of the decisions they may make.
- By means of highly qualified, and skilled personnel, provide well planned, cost effective, timely, and efficient services to the residents, businesses and guests of the City of Lake Ozark
- The Public Works Department shall be committed to the planning and implementation of the policies, goals, and objectives as established by the city administrator, the mayor, and board of alderman.
Matt Michalik is the Public Works Director. He can be reached at (573) 365-5378, email [email protected].